Hello and welcome to Arrest Your Debt! I started this personal finance blog with the goal of keeping me motivated in my personal finance journey with an emphasis on helping others. With all the financial misinformation out there, I wanted to be a voice you can trust to give you honest financial information without a high pressured sales pitch and ulterior motives.
My name is Ryan and I have a passion for personal finance and education. I am married and have three children, a girl and two boys all under the age of ten. My wife stays home with the kids so I know how challenging it can be to live off one income. Much of what I write is based off my personal experiences and what I have learned in the course of my life.
I obtained a Master’s Degree in Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Northern Arizona University that have prepared me to write about what I love.
Full Time Career:
As far as my “real job,” I have been in law enforcement for 15 years and I have seen the devastation left behind by people who mismanage their finances. This is what motivates me to help others become debt free.
My Personal Finance Journey:
My financial journey began when my wife and I saved up a sum of money and I didn’t know who I could trust to invest it. After several interviews with financial advisers, I still didn’t feel like I could trust anyone. Due to this, I began my journey to educate myself by reading every finance book I could get my hands on and by attending financial seminars. After getting a good handle on debt, finance, and investments, I decided to start this blog as a resource for others who find it difficult to trust people with their money.
To help others get started on their debt free journey, I have created several free tools for my readers.
Since starting Arrest Your Debt in 2018, I have been featured in the following publications:
- Voyage Phoenix: Meet Ryan J of Arrest Your Debt in Central
- Experian: America Saves – Maining Your Financial Health As A Couple
- Forbes’: If You’re In Debt, Don’t Pay It Off – Do This First!
- Dr. Breathe Easy Finance: Budgeting Tips For Young Adults
- Law Enforcement Today: Did I Choose The Wrong Career? ; The Off Duty Death Spiral ; 5 Habits For Cops To Get Out Of Debt ; We Need To Be In Control, But Why Don’t We Control Our Money?
- Saving Joyfully: Friends And Finances Featuring Arrest Your Debt
- The Good Men Project: Your Reason For Living…
- The Money Mix: You Are Broke Because You Root For The Underdog ; What You Need To Know About Debt Consolidation
- Bible Money Matters: Why You Should Spend Money To Save Money
- Debt Discipline: Recent Graduates: Here’s Some Financial Advice
- Ninja Budgeter: 43+ Finance Bloggers Reveal Their Biggest Money Mistakes
- My Best Friend The Money Guy: Best Friend Friday Favorites – Feb. 22, 2019
- ThinkSaveRetire: Repeat After Me: You Are Not The Underdog
- Galizer: How To Budget Money – Budgeting Made Easy
- Dinar Recaps: 13 Easy Ways To Trick Yourself To Save Money
- The Simple Dollar: Six Effortless Ways To Make A Bigger Dent In Your Debt
- PoorStart: Money Management
- The WateringWhole: Tell Your Story-Ryan
- Partners In Fire: Your Neighbor Is An Iceberg
- Perfectly Imperfect: Student Loans: How To Fight Back!
- CampFireFinance: The Link Between Participation Trophies And Financial Failure
- Every Day By The Lake: Foreclosure Saved My Financial Life
- Making Momentum: Financial Passion And Purpose
- BlueDollarBull: Balancing A Budget For Beginners
- Decision Makers Hub: How To Manage Your Career And Still Have A Life
- CJEvolution Podcast: Personal Finance For Law Enforcement Professionals
- Wiser With Reiser: Building Wealth On A Public Servant’s Salary
I have the following social media accounts that I update regularly. Please follow me on your favorite!
Or if you prefer to get a weekly email from me with my latest posts, please subscribe below!
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you – You work too hard to be this broke!